- I was the monarch of the United Kingdom for over sixty years.
- I inherited the throne at the age of 18.
- I was called "the grandmother of Europe".
- I was identified with strict standards of personal morality.
- I lived in a period of great industrial and cultural changes in the United Kingdom.
- I am an icon of my country.
- If I was alive, it would be my birthday today.
Friday, 20 June 2014
Here are some clues for you:
Thursday, 19 June 2014
Have you ever heard of Ascot?
It is a small town situated about twenty-five miles west of London. It is known worldwide thanks to a major social event in Great Britain: the Royal Ascot Racehorse, which takes place every month of June since 1711. The royal family attend the meeting and arrive each day in a horse-drawn carriage.
Such a prestigious meeting requires an elegant attire. Here is a video with some tips in case you are invited!
Hats are a very important accessory for women in Ascot. Now, some are really elegant and others are... simply crazy! Take a look at them! Do you think you can describe them?
Which one's your favourite?
Wednesday, 18 June 2014
Saturday, 14 June 2014
These two great worksheets are published here with the generous consent of their creator, Allyana, a member of ESLprintables.
Just click on the picture to download the worksheets.
(Answer key is included)
Here is part one:
And part two: