Saturday, 31 May 2014
Sunday, 25 May 2014
Saturday, 24 May 2014
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
What exactly is Reported Speech? What is it used for? And how to use it?
You can find some answers in this worksheet, which offers you information and exercises with an answer key.
You'll find additional information and practice in this video.
A tricky issue with reported speech is the difference between the verbs SAY and TELL.
This video may help you.
A great occasion to use Reported Speech is when gossiping.
Just take a look at these videos!
Here is part II.
Can you make up the rest of the story?
Imagine the dialogues. Write them down and tell a friend or classmate.
Sunday, 18 May 2014
Friday, 16 May 2014
Watch the following video and try to answer the questions below.
- What is the meaning of these expressions?
- "no price tag is too pricey"
- "no luxury is too luxurious"
- "only the best is good enough"
- "mind boggling material possessions"
- What does Jennifer mean with "my own personal glam squad"?
- What is "first class pampering"?
- What do you know about Creme de La Mer? What is it?
- Why is Jennifer Lopez called "an economy in herself"?
- What is the meaning of the sentence "her assistants are at her beck and call"?
- Name some of Jennifer Lopez's assistants.
- Explain the meaning of "it takes a village keeping J. Lo looking the way she looks".
- What is a "dream team of the beauty industry"?
- Why is J. Lo's makeup sometimes priceless?
- Explain the meaning of "24/7".
- What kind of decoration does Jennifer Lopez ask for in hotels?
- What is a food-and-water dish for?
- Find the meaning of "flawless diamonds".
- Which brand of cars is J. Lo's favourite?
- How does she shop for clothes?
- What kind of fur does she prefer?
- What products does Jennifer Lopez commercialize?
- Explain the meaning of "she's so sizzling hot".
- What fields of industry did she explore?
Listen to one of her hits.
Thursday, 15 May 2014
The Present Perfect is not so terrible as it may seem, believe me!
Just take a look at this worksheet and you'll master all its possible uses.
How about listening to a song now?
These are the lyrics.
Can you tell the use of the Present Perfect in this song? What is the singer asking you?
Pay a visit to this site (click on the picture below) and you'll find a listening and some additional practice.
Saturday, 10 May 2014
Friday, 9 May 2014
Watch this video about the internet:
- What message does it try to convey?
- Do you think its point of view is correct or do you consider it an exaggeration?
- Tell your experience:
- Do you spend more time with your friends or messaging them?
- What is the first thing you do in the morning after you wake up?
- What is the last thing you do before going to bed?
- Do you always take your mobile phone with you?
- Is it a problem if you leave it at home unintentionallly?
- Do all your friends have one?
- What about your parents? And your grandparents?
- Do you also have a computer?
- What is the main use you give it? (homework, listening to music, playing games online, shopping, searching for information, chatting, etc.).
- How many times a day do you send a message online?
- Have you got online friends that you have never met?
- Would your life be the same without all these devices?
Now take a look at this other video in which YouTubers react to Look Up:
What do you think?