Tuesday 12 November 2013

PRESENT SIMPLE & CONTINUOUS (intermediate)

Watch this video by Hamilton House and pay attention to the differences between the two forms of the Present tense used:



Read these parts of the script and answer the following question:

  What differences are there among the coloured forms of the verbs? Why are they used differently?

  • Why are you wearing a tie? You never wear ties.
  • I hate ties, but I'm wearing this tie because it's a present from my cousin George.
------------

  • What are you cooking?
  • I'm cooking vegetables.
  • Vegetables? But you hate vegetables! You always eat meat.
  • Yes, but cousin George is a vegetarian. He doesn't eat meat.

------------

  • What are you doing?
  • I'm putting away my things. There's always a disaster when George comes.
------------

  • I'm staying for a week!

Need more information?
Here is a worksheet with all the details.






No comments:

Post a Comment